HARLEQUIN HISTORICAL AUTHORS OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES
HARLEQUIN HISTORICAL GIVEAWAY IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN THE U.S., UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND, CANADA, AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND, AND EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WHERE A KINDLE MAY BE SHIPPED. IT SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE U.S., UNITED KINGDOM, IRISH, CANADIAN, NEW ZEALAND, EUROPEAN, AND AUSTRALIAN LAW. THE GIVEAWAY IS OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE U.S., UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, EUROPE, AND AUSTRALIA WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE/PROVINCE/TERRITORY AT TIME OF ENTRY. DO NOT ENTER THIS GIVEAWAY IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE U.S., UNITED KINGDOM, IRELAND, CANADA, EUROPE, NEW ZEALAND, AND AUSTRALIA, OR OF LEGAL AGE. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID IN WHOLE OR PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THIS GIVEAWAY CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES (THE “OFFICIAL RULES”) AND THE DECISIONS OF HARLEQUIN HISTORICAL AUTHORS (“SPONSOR”), WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for the giveaway, an individual must be: (a) a legal resident of the U.S., United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, New Zealand, Europe, or Australia; and (b) of the age of majority in his/her state/province/territory or older at the time of entry. Employees of Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members and/or the immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. For the purpose of these Official Rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household. Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Giveaway. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Sponsor for the purpose of the Giveaway must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant should he/she supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIODS. The Harlequin Historical giveaway will begin at EST at 12:01 a.m. on November 27, 2013, and will end at EST at midnight on December 22, 2013.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There is no purchase necessary to enter the giveaway. To enter, individuals will be invited by Sponsor to post a comment on a specific Website during the Promotion Period or to submit the answer to a posted question to the e-mail address specified by that author. No entries will be accepted by any other means. Limit one entry per person, per day, unless otherwise specified by Sponsor. Entries must be received no later than the end of the applicable Promotion Period. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected to receive a Prize (defined below).
4. PRIZES. A description of the prize(s) available to be won in connection with the Giveaway (each, a “Prize”) and the approximate retail value of each Prize will be announced by Sponsor on the specified Websites for each day. Generally, Prizes shall include books published by Sponsor, promotional material distributed by Sponsor, and any other item selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The approximate retail value of each Prize will be determined by individual sponsors. The approximate retail value of the grand Prize of the Kindle Fire HDX Wi-Fi Tablet (7 inch, 16 GB) is two-hundred-twenty-nine dollars (US $229.00) or the price determined by Amazon at the time of the giveaway. If the Kindle Fire HD is not available in the winning entrant’s country of origin, a Kindle of comparable value will be offered with a gift certificate to make up the remainder of the prize value of $229.00. Prizes will be delivered by mail to the address provided in the confirmation email sent to Sponsor by entrant. Sponsor will not be held responsible for any misdirected, lost, or returned Prizes. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
5. WINNER SELECTION. On December 23, 2013, a potential winner will be selected by a random draw from among all eligible entries received with respect to each Blog Sweepstakes. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Promotion Period. EACH SELECTED POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE HARLEQUIN HISTORICAL FACEBOOK FAN WEBSITE (http://www.facebook.com/HarlequinHistorical) ON DECEMBER 23, 2013, AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TEN (10) BUSINESS DAYS OF SUCH ANNOUNCEMENT. The selected potential winner will be asked to send Sponsor an e-mail containing his/her name, complete mailing address and telephone number. No P.O. boxes will be accepted. If the selected potential winner does not respond in accordance with the Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize, and another potential winner may be selected in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected potential winner to receive notification or for Sponsor to receive a selected potential winner’s response.
6. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Giveaway, entrant releases and holds Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliated, related and associated entities, and each of their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators (collectively, the “Releasees”) harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant, Releasees or any other person, including property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Giveaway, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Giveaway, without limitation.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for late, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, or any replies, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of a Giveaway. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, e-mail, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in a Giveaway. Each entrant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Giveaway, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Giveaway cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Giveaway.
8. CONDUCT. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or the Giveaway Website; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
10. TERMINATION. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Giveaway, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Giveaway, and/or the Official Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
11. LAW. Giveaway are subject to applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations. The Official Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
HARLEQUIN HISTORICAL AUTHORS OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY RULES